Types of Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer in which malignant (cancerous) cells are found in the mesothelium, a protective sac that covers most of the body's internal organs. The only known cause of Mesothelioma is asbestos exposure.
Mesothelioma develops decades after the exposure to asbestos. The disease includes several different types of Mesothelioma, which can display different characteristics.
Different types of Mesothelioma:
- Pleural Mesothelioma - This type of Mesothelioma forms in the chest cavity.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma - This strain of the disease affects the lining of the abdominal organs.
- Pericardial Mesothelioma - The thin layer of tissue surrounding the heart becomes malignant in this type of Mesothelioma
- Other Diagnoses - From asbestosis, to lung cancer to testicular Mesothelioma, asbestos related diseases can devastate a family.
Different characteristics of Mesothelioma:
- Desmoplastic Mesothelioma-The most virulent form of the disease, desmoplastic Mesothelioma can cause death within six months.
- Epithelial Mesothelioma-This is a term referring to all types of malignant Mesothelioma.
Treatment for Mesothelioma will not cure the disease, but it can help patients survive longer and limit the spread of the cancer.
If you have been diagnosed with any type of disease that might be related to exposure to asbestos, please contact an attorney at the Deaton Law Firm to arrange a free consultation and case evaluation. We will listen carefully to your description of events, describe you legal options, and your legal rights. If you decide to pursue a personal injury lawsuit because of your exposure to asbestos, you can rely on the skills and experience of our lawyers and legal staff to smooth the way.
Pursuing a Mesothelioma lawsuit will not get in the way of your treatment program. We understand that your healthcare and your family are your top priorities at this time. We will meet with you to discuss the case and may ask you to appear at a deposition to establish a record. That's it.
To discuss how we may be of assistance, please contact the Deaton Law Firm today. From our office in Providence, our Mesothelioma attorneys represent clients throughout the nation including Rhode Island, Florida, Philadelphia.